Destiny’s found a new child! (You, you, it’s YOU!) And I have one question: Are you ready to Smash It!?
2016 is almost upon us peeps! A journey not yet embarked upon.
You, my friend, are the adventurer. The leading lady/man/lady-man of your life-movie. But unlike the movies you are also the writer; decision maker and navigator. The compass is in your hand! Are you excited? I hope so.
Although we can never predict the obstacles ahead we CAN prep for the journey like a super bad-ass. What would Bear Grylls do? (Except drink your own urine or make an igloo out of a buffalo carcass. Please don’t do that – unless you happen have a buffalo carcass lying around!)
We have a lil’ tradition at the aliljoy.com hub, where I like to send out an annual Smash It! questionnaire to each of my team, crammed with lots of personal/probing questions about life-lessons and future goals.
I do this partly because a) I’m super nosey, but mainly because b) I believe that each of us have a specific calling and purpose.
Nothing excites me more then being around people who intensionally pursue their calling with hawk-like tenacity. When you work within the parameters of purpose you can only thrive. And what’s more exciting then thriving as individuals? Thriving together as a community.
This is why I’d like to invite you, yup YOU, to join us in our lil’ tradition and take the questionnaire with us!
The aim of the Smash it! Questionnaire:
1 . Reflect: ‘Where have you been?’
Sometimes it’s not enough to step into the New Year with a fresh start in mind. Sometimes it’s important to assess what you’ve been carrying on your life journey up till this point and cut out the deadweight.
Learn the wisdom, unlearn the fear.
2. Focus: ‘Where are you going?’
If you don’t take time to map out where you’re going, you won’t end up there.
2. Commit: ‘Are you ready to Smash It?’
Results found by the MBA Harvard program in 1979, showed that the 3% of participants who actively wrote down their (financial) goals, earned twice as much as those who did not.
When you write down your goals you are expressing a commitment to your future. What am I saying? Put a ring on it, baby!
Where you find yourself next year will be directly impacted by the decisions you make right now.
So ’nuff stalling. Put on the kettle, make a nice brew, find a cosy cranny and fill out our Smash It! Questionnaire.
If you fancy sharing your wisdom nuggets with our community SEND BACK TO US at email@example.com and we’ll publish on our site along with a link to your blog. 🙂
Bring on 2016, baby!
2. Nick name:
4. Quote to live by:
5. 3 things I am passionate about:
6. 3 things I achieved in 2015:
7. What mistakes did I make this year?
8. What did I learn?
9. Knowing what I know now, what would I have advised to myself a year ago?
10. I am now (3 words to describe myself):
11. I aspire to be (3 words to describe what I would like to be):
12. What goals do I aim to SMASH in 2016?
13. Why does reaching this/these goal[s] matter to me?
14. 3 practical steps I can take to achieve my goal[s] with what I have now?
15. What challenges do I face in the pursuit of my goal?
16. How do I plan on facing these challenges?
17. What brings me joy?
18. What would you say to someone who is fearful of chasing their dream?
19. Finish this sentence: 2016 is the year I…
If you enjoyed this post, why not check out ‘On Why It’s Never Too Late to Dream Again’?